If you love having your nails painted and cared for, you should know the different choices out there. While choices are varied, you do not want to be stuck with the wrong kind for the next week. With this, it is important that the manicure is done right – the first time around.
To help you decide, you should first understand the basic manicure types. Here’s the list:
Simple nail polish
The most popular is the simple nail polish. You can paint it on your own but if you want a pristine application, you should head to a nail salon. While you are at it, you should spend enough time under the nail dryer to lessen the risk of damage.
When you consider basic nail polish, you should remember the following things:
- Cost: this is by far the cheapest as it only costs an average of $10 per application.
- Duration of application: basic nail polish can take about 30 minutes.
- Duration of the polish: it can last up to five days.
- Removal: removing basic nail polish is easy – you just grab some polish remover, moisten the cotton pads then rub it on your nails.
- Nail health: basic nail polish has no negative effects even if you wear it often.
Gel polishes are also called hard gel and it entails application of Bases semipermanentes. It can be applied over fake or natural nails. For a successful application, it is recommended that you visit a nail salon. When you consider this type of nail polish, you should remember the following things:
- Cost: the average cost of gel polishes is $25 per application.
- Duration of application: gel polishes take about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Duration of the polish: the polish can last two to three weeks without any chips.
- Removal: you need to visit a salon to get rid of the polish. The nail specialist will utilize an electric file to sand away the gel before wiping the nails with a remover. You can do this on your own provided you have the right tools for the job.
- Nail health: gel will not damage nails if applied or removed properly by nail specialists. However, you might notice weakness after the removal. The best thing to do is to keep the nails hydrated with cuticle oil.
Acrylic polishers provide a hard protective layer over fake or natural nails. It is a combination of liquid and powder that hardens when exposed to air. In the end, it creates a translucent canvas for nail polish. When you consider this type of nail polish, you should remember the following things:
- Cost: acrylic polishes are expensive. The average cost of acrylic polishes is $35 for a full set.
- Duration of application: the application of acrylic polishes lasts for about 1.5 hours or more for a full set.
- Duration of the polish: like gel polishes, acrylic polishes can last for two to three weeks.
- Removal: you can visit a nail salon for removing acrylic polish but you can also do it at home. You just need cotton pads, acetone, cuticle pusher, and aluminum foil.
- Nail health: if the acrylic polish is removed properly, you should not expect much damage.